You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Asylum and refugees

If you want to apply for asylum in the UK you'll need to visit GOV.UK.

Refugees in Scotland

If you've been granted refugee status by the UK Government you have the right to access:

Asylum seekers in Scotland

If you're an asylum seeker in Scotland you can access Scottish healthcare and schools.

Other support

If you're an asylum seeker, or refugee, you can approach these groups for help:

Legal help

You can find lawyers who help with asylum claims in:

You can also look for a lawyer yourself.

New Scots

Find out more about the Scottish Government's New Scots approach to supporting refugees and asylum seekers.

Back to top