Some organisations can get free PVG checks for their volunteers.
The volunteers must be doing regulated work with children or protected adults.
The organisation must register as a qualifying voluntary organisation (QVO) to get free PVG checks.
Types of organisation
The organisation must be not for profit, such as a charity.
It must not be:
- a school, college or university
- a public or local authority
- managed by a public or local authority
Apply to be a qualifying voluntary organisation (QVO)
Organisations must become a qualifying voluntary organisation (QVO) to get free PVG checks for volunteers.
The cheapest way to become a QVO is to join Volunteer Scotland Disclosure Services (VSDS). They're funded by the Scottish Government to give free disclosure services to voluntary organisations.
VSDS offers free:
VSDS can sign PVG applications for your organisation.
Call VSDS on 01786 849777 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Your organisation can also become a QVO by:
- registering with Disclosure Scotland, but it costs at least £75 a year
- joining with another umbrella body, but they may charge a fee
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback