You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Moving from a private water supply to the mains network

You must contact Scottish Water if you want to move from a private water supply to using the public water supply, knowns as the mains water network.

Scottish Water's website has guidance on moving from a private supply. This includes details of any checks they'll need to carry out.

If Scottish Water refuses to connect you, you can appeal their decision.

Back to top