You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Asking for information

You have the right to be kept informed about the investigation if you've been a victim or witness to a crime.

Within their standards of service the police commit to discussing the following with you:

  • how you'll be kept informed of the progress of your case
  • how they'll deal with your case
  • what you can do to help

You can also ask Police Scotland:

  • why it's not investigating a crime
  • why an investigation has been stopped

You can ask the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service:

Find out more about asking for information as a victim or witness of crime.

Back to top