Help for home owners with mortgage difficulties
Last updated: 23 June 2020

Get independent advice

There are a number of organisations that can offer independent advice online, face-to-face or over the phone.

Speak to a money adviser

Money advisers can give confidential, independent and reliable advice about your situation.

Search for money advisers in your area.

Financial Health Check

The Financial Health Check service offers money advice to older people and families.

It can show you how to make the most of your income and make sure that you're not paying more than you need to for basic services like gas, electricity and broadband.

It can help you find out:

  • what benefits you can get
  • how to save money on your bills
  • what other money you may be entitled to

You can talk to Financial Health Check advisors by calling 0800 085 7145 or meeting them in person at your local Citizens Advice Bureau.