You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Get help from the government

Home Owners' Support Fund

If you're at risk of having your home repossessed, the Scottish Government's Home Owners' Support Fund may be able to help you.

It's made up of two schemes:

  • Mortgage to Shared Equity – the Scottish Government buys a stake in your property so you can reduce your secured loan(s)
  • Mortgage to Rent – this allows a social landlord to buy your home, and you'll continue to live there as a tenant

Find out more about the Home Owners' Support Fund.

Help to pay mortgage interest

If you're a home owner getting certain income related benefits, you might be eligible for the Support for Mortgage Interest (SMI) scheme. This is help towards interest payments on:

  • your mortgage
  • loans you've taken out for certain repairs and improvements to your home

Visit GOV.UK to find out how to claim SMI.

Back to top