You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Apply for a Gender Recognition Certificate

Apply to the Gender Recognition Panel for a Gender Recognition Certificate if you want your acquired gender to be legally recognised in the UK.

Visit GOV.UK for information on how to apply for a Gender Recognition Certificate, including:

  • the 3 possible application routes (standard, alternative or overseas)
  • what happens if you're married or in a civil partnership
  • guidance notes
  • an application form
  • the application fee
  • the documents you need to provide
  • what to do if your application is turned down
Back to top