To leave the page quickly, press the escape key.


You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Change a name on the public register

Visit the National Records of Scotland website for information on how to change your name or your child's name on the public register.

You'll find information on:

  • who can apply to record a change of name
  • how much it costs to record a change of name
  • changing a name after a marriage, civil partnership, divorce or dissolution
Back to top