You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Create a new common grazing

A common grazing is an area of land that can be used by a number of crofters and others who have the right to graze there.

You can't create a new common grazing if:

  • any part of the land is tenanted or occupied by a cottar
  • the land's already registered as a croft
  • it's next to a croft, or shares a boundary with one

Visit the Crofting Commission website for more information on who can apply for common grazing, and how to submit your application.

Back to top