You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Applying for confirmation when someone dies

You might need confirmation papers to deal with someone's money and property after they die.

Visit the Scottish Courts and Tribunals Service website for information on how to apply for confirmation, including:

  • the different kinds of confirmation (small estates and large estates)
  • how much it costs
  • what happens if the person who died left a will
Back to top