You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Claiming after a criminal injury abroad

You can usually apply for compensation if you're a UK resident and have been injured because of a violent crime in another country.

Find information on compensation if you're a victim of crime abroad on GOV.UK.

Support if you're affected by crime

Victim Support Scotland can give you practical and emotional support when you get home.

It may also be able to put you in contact with overseas support organisations.

Victim Support Scotland
Telephone: 0800 160 1985
Find out about call charges

Back to top