You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Home repair help for older or disabled people

If you are aged over 60 or have a disability you may be able to use Care and Repair services.

Care and Repair works in Scotland to help elderly or disabled homeowners to repair, improve or adapt their homes so that they can live comfortably and safely.

Care and Repair services are available to you if you are over 60 or disabled and:

They can give you guidance and support on:

  • deciding what work is needed
  • choosing tradespeople
  • paying for the work
  • overseeing the work

Care and Repair is available in most local council areas. Visit the Care and Repair Scotland website to find your nearest office.


The Care and Repair services offer personal, financial and technical support. The services you can use depend on where you live but may include:

  • advice on repairs, improvements and adaptations
  • advice and support during building work
  • inspecting the work carried out
  • small repairs service
  • handyperson
  • installing adaptations

Care and Repair also may be able to advise on:

  • help with funding, like grants from local councils
  • benefits
  • equity release
  • home loans
  • charitable funds

To find out more information about Care and Repair services visit the Care and Repair Scotland website.

Help with your energy bills

If you have difficulty paying your energy bills, or keeping warm, you can also get advice and support.

Back to top