You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.


If you're running a business, you will have to:

  • insure your business premises

  • have employers' liability insurance if you employ people

You can find more information on employers' liability insurance on GOV.UK.

The type and amount of insurance cover your business needs will depend on a number of things, including the risks your business is exposed to.

Some types of businesss may also need professional indemnity insurance.

You may also need insurance to protect yourself and your business in case you or your key staff are unable to work.

Back to top