Duty of care
- consider alternatives to disposal - eg recycling and re-use
- store your waste safely and securely
- fill in a waste transfer note for each load of waste you transport
- usually get a licence to transport, store, treat, recover or dispose of your waste yourself
- check that any business you use to deal with your waste is licensed, and keep proof of this - eg take a copy of their licence
You have extra responsibilities if you're dealing with hazardous (special) waste.
Licences to produce, store, treat or dispose of waste
Usually you have to be licensed to produce, store, treat or dispose of waste. You will need to get a waste management licence and/or a pollution prevention and control permit.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback