Report noise or antisocial behaviour

Last updated: 9 December 2019

Report antisocial behaviour like noisy neighbours, drunken or threatening behaviour, vandalism and graffiti.

The police or your local council will decide how to deal with high levels of noise or antisocial behaviour. One option they can choose is to issue the person or people you report with an Antisocial Behaviour Order (ASBO).

To the police

Call 999 if you or someone else is in immediate danger.

Report antisocial behaviour to the police by calling 101 or by visiting your local police station.

Find out about call charges

To your local council

Your local council has a dedicated team (sometimes called 'community wardens') that deal with antisocial behaviour problems.

Some local councils provide mediation services. This is when a neutral third party helps you and the person you have a dispute with solve your problem informally.

You can also find a mediator using the Scottish Mediation Network.

If the problem doesn't stop

If you're not happy with how the antisocial behaviour has been dealt with and it's continuing, you should contact the antisocial behaviour team at your council.