After you've applied
Once you've applied for student funding, you can sign in to your online account to check your application's progress.
The 'Applications' section will show your status as 'new'.
The funding you've applied for is shown under 'Awards' as 'claimed'.
You cannot change your application once you've submitted it. But if you have a change of circumstances contact SAAS.
If you need to change course, you can do this in your SAAS Account. SAAS will create a new award notice once they process the change.
Once your application has been processed
- email you to let you know to check your online account
- send an 'award notice' to your online account
The award notice tells you how much funding you'll get and whether the funding will come from:
- SAAS – for tuition fees, bursaries and grants
- the Student Loans Company (SLC) – for student loans
Applications for a student loan
If you've applied for a student loan:
- SAAS send your loan information to the SLC, who pay you the loan
- the SLC set up your loan account and send you a payment schedule
- the SLC put the loan into your bank account in monthly payments – the first instalment is a double payment
Applications for bursaries or grants
If you've applied for any bursaries and/or grants:
- the award notice from SAAS will explain how much you'll get and when
- SAAS will put the bursary or grant into your account in monthly instalments – the first instalment is a double payment
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback