You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.


You may be able to borrow money to get help to pay for your university course fees and living costs.

Each part of the UK has its own funding agency. They look after government funding for students, for example fees for your course (known as tuition fees) and student loans.

The funding agency you apply to depends on which country you normally live in. If you normally live in Scotland, you'll apply to the Student Awards Agency Scotland (SAAS).

You'll apply to a different organisation if you normally live in England, Wales or Northern Ireland.

You can also look at other ways of paying the costs of university.

Student funding for part-time courses

You may be able to get help with your tuition fees if you're studying a part-time course.

You also may be able to apply for other sources of funding.

Back to top