You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Business records if you're self-employed

You must keep records of your business income and expenses for your tax return if you're self-employed as a:

  • sole trader
  • partner in a business partnership

Visit GOV.UK for information on:

  • what records to keep
  • accounting methods
  • how long to keep your records

Visit GOV.UK

Back to top