Register with a doctor
Last updated: 19 September 2017


If you're in immediate danger always call 999.

Minor emergencies

You can attend a Minor Injuries Unit for treatment if you've had a minor injury like:

  • cuts
  • minor burns
  • sprains or strain
  • broken bones or fractures

Minor Ailments

Some pharmacies run a minor ailment scheme to treat ailments like:

  • coughs
  • colds
  • haemorrhoids
  • warts

Find out how your local pharmacy can help you treat minor ailments or illnesses.

NHS 24 also offers advice.

If you've an urgent need to see a GP while unregistered (for example you've run out of insulin) or travelling out of your usual local area you can go to a local GP and ask to be seen as a temporary resident.