You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Register a croft

The Crofting Register is a public list of crofts, common grazings and land held runrig.

Runrig is land that's divided into strips, with each strip belonging to a different person.

The register shows each area of land on a map and gives information on the tenant and owner of the land.

You need to register your croft on the Crofting Register if you want to carry out certain actions (for example, assigning or dividing a croft).

However, you can also apply to register your croft on the Crofting Register even when you don't legally have to.

Visit the Registers of Scotland website for:

  • more information on registering a croft
  • a copy of the registration form
  • guidance on applying
Back to top