You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Managing wildlife on your land

You may need a wildlife licence to kill, cull, remove or disturb the habitats of particular species if they're legally protected. You'll usually need to have a good reason too (eg they're attacking your crops or causing a public health problem).

Find out your legal responsibilities if you encounter wildlife as part of your job (eg as a developer, land manager or researcher) or as a member of the public.

NatureScot also has information on activities that need a licence and how you can apply for one.

01463 725 000
Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 5pm
Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm
Find out about call charges

Back to top