You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

When you need a licence to copy a creative work

You must ask the owner if you want to copy a 'creative work', such as:

  • a diary
  • a photograph
  • a film
  • music

If you do not know who the owner is, you can follow the guidance on GOV.UK to get an 'orphan works licence'.

Back to top