If you do letting agency work in Scotland you're required by law to:
- follow a Letting Agent Code of Practice
- join a Register of Letting Agents
The Register of Letting Agents is a list run by Scottish Ministers. It makes sure every letting agent:
- is suitable to do the job
- has met minimum training requirements.
Sign up for updates
You can sign up for updates about the regulation of letting agents. This includes updates on:
- the opening of the new letting agent register
- other key changes affecting the private rented sector, like the new private residential tenancy
The register is now accepting applications. You can find out how to apply here. You must have submitted an application by 1 October 2018.