If you do letting agency work in Scotland you're required by law to:
- follow a Letting Agent Code of Practice
- join a Register of Letting Agents
The Register of Letting Agents is a list run by Scottish Ministers. It makes sure every letting agent:
- is suitable to do the job
- has met minimum training requirements.
Sign up for updates
You can sign up for updates about the regulation of letting agents. This includes updates on:
- the letting agent register
- other key changes affecting the private rented sector, like the new private residential tenancy
You can find out how to apply here.