You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

What you need to apply

To apply to the Transition Fund you'll need:

  • your National Insurance number
  • proof of address – for example, a bank letter, utility bill, benefit statement (dated in the last 12 months)
  • a document to confirm your disability or impairment

When you apply, you’ll need to explain what you need the money for and why. There are things you can and cannot get money for.

Documents to confirm your disability or impairment

You’ll need to include a document that confirms your disability or impairment.   

This can be a benefits letter for:

  • Disability Living Allowance 
  • Adult Disability Payment 
  • Child Disability Payment 
  • Personal Independence Payment

You can also use a letter from someone who can confirm your disability, such as your:

  • teacher or lecturer
  • doctor, nurse or therapist
  • social worker
  • social care worker or key worker
  • careers adviser or job coach

Ask them to fill in the support letter template on the ILF Scotland website.

What happens next

Find out about what happens after you apply on the ILF Scotland website. 

Back to top