Government fees to pay for exporting

Last updated: 27 April 2017

If you decide to export goods, you should consider government fees that could be involved, including:

  • the cost of export import licences
  • fees due to overseas customs or the government fees in the country you're shipping to
  • costs of certificates proving the country of origin of the goods

Other things you need to do

If you're moving goods inside the EU most goods (unless hazardous) can be exported without customs controls or charges.

You'll need to fill in an EC sales list. You'll also need to fill in an Intrastat declaration if the value is over £250,000.

If you're moving goods outside the EU, you need to declare your exports to HMRC using the National Export System.