Search for funding
You can use the following websites to search for funding for your business or idea.
Scottish EU Funding Portal
The Scottish EU Funding Portal allows you to search for EU funding available to businesses in Scotland.
You can also find out what EU funding is available for international businesses or organisations looking to work with Scottish businesses.
Find government funding
The following organisations can help you find Scottish government, local council or European Union funding:
Business Gateway can give you advice on finding funding. They can also help your business get funding available through:
- Scottish Enterprise
- Highlands and Islands Enterprise
- Skills Development Scotland
- your local council
Scottish Enterprise can help you apply to the following:
- Scottish Venture Fund
- Scottish Co-investment Fund
- Energy Investment Fund
- Workplace Innovation Fund
- Food and Drink Collaborative Fund
They can also help you apply for:
- support for starting a business
- grants to help grow your business
- support for accessing finance and attracting investment
Scottish Growth Scheme
The Scottish Growth Scheme is a £500 million package of financial support for Scottish businesses. It's backed by the Scottish Government and aims to help businesses grow.
You can find more information on the Scottish Growth Scheme.
Scottish Loan Scheme
The Scottish Loan Scheme is part of the Scottish Growth Scheme. Through the Scottish Loan Scheme, Scottish Enterprise offer loans to businesses looking to grow.
Business can apply to the Scottish Loan Scheme for loans of between £250,000 and £2 million. In some circumstances, they might be able to apply for up to £5 million.
To apply, businesses must:
- have a business plan
- be able to show how they'll repay their loan
- be least 2 years old
- have a minimum turnover of £250,000
- be profitable, or expect to make a profit in the next 12 months
- have headquarters in Scotland, be operating in Scotland, or looking to locate to Scotland
- have tried to get other funding but were unsuccessful
- show how the funding they need will have an equal level of economic impact in Scotland
- show that they use fair work practices, such as the living wage, and do not use zero hours contracts
You can find more information on the Scottish Enterprise website
Highlands and Islands Enterprise
If you live in the Highlands and Islands, Highlands and Islands Enterprise can help you get the same funding available through Scottish Enterprise.
They can also help you apply for the following:
Skills Development Scotland
Enterprise Europe Scotland
Enterprise Europe Scotland can help you find EU funding to develop new ideas
Interface can help you get funding to develop new ideas for products, services and businesses.
Scottish Environment Protection Agency
The Scottish Environment Protection Agency can help you apply to the Water Environment Fund
Zero Waste Scotland
Zero Waste Scotland can help you apply for the following:
- a grant for flat glass recovery
- a grant to make energy equipment and materials last longer
- a grant for innovative and disruptive manufacturing
- funding for a re-use or repair project
Energy Efficiency Business Support
Zero Waste Scotland's Energy Efficiency Business Support service can help you apply for a loan for a project that saves money and reduces your use of resources.
Energy Saving Trust
Energy Saving Trustcan help your business find money to help you save energy
If you live or work in the Cairngorms National Park area, you can apply to the Cairngorms Trust for funding towards development projects
The development project needs to benefit the public.
Cairngorms National Park Authority
Land management businesses in the Cairngorms National Park area, can apply to the Cairngorms National Park Authority for funding to train staff
If you run a creative business or work in the creative industries, you might be able to get funding from Creative Scotland