If you're a retailer, you can label products 'organic' as long as:
- at least 95% of the farm-grown ingredients are organic
- you sell direct to customers in your shop
You must be certified by one of the organic control bodies if you produce or prepare organic food and you want to sell or label it as organic.
You can decide which body to register with based on your location and needs.
Once registered you'll have to:
- follow a strict set of guidelines laid down by national and international law
- keep thorough and accurate records of production processes
- allow annual and random inspections
You'll also have to follow the rules for labelling organic products.