You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Exporting and doing business abroad

If you're a business looking to start exporting goods, go to GOV.UK to find out more about:

  • moving goods within the EU
  • exporting outside the EU
  • export licences and special rules

Exporting to the EU

The site has the latest information and guidance to Scottish businesses on trading with the EU after Brexit.

Food and drink businesses

The EU Exit Food Hub has information for the food industry written by food industry partners.

EORI numbers

You'll need an EORI number if you want to trade with countries outside the EU. Go to GOV.UK to find out how to apply or to contact the EORI team.

Taking goods temporarily out of the UK

Go to GOV.UK to find out about taking goods temporarily out of the UK. You can also find out what you'll need to do to move goods around the EU.

Taking goods with you to sell abroad

You'll need to declare any goods you take with you to sell abroad. Go to GOV.UK for more information.

Back to top