You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

If something's wrong with your disclosure

If there's an error on your disclosure, contact Disclosure Scotland to let them know:

Examples of errors

The problem could be that:

  • your criminal record information is wrong
  • the criminal record information relates to someone else
  • the 'Other relevant information' section of your disclosure is not right

For a standard, enhanced or PVG scheme disclosure, you should let the person you applied with know about the error.

After you contact Disclosure Scotland

Disclosure Scotland aims to resolve issues within 21 working days. The length of time it takes depends on how complex the problem is.

In some cases you might need to provide evidence to confirm your identity. Disclosure Scotland will contact you if you need to do this.

If you're not happy with the outcome

You can refer the issue to the Information Commissioner's Office.

If your issue is about the 'Other relevant information' section

You can contact the police force who gave Disclosure Scotland this information. You should direct your contact to the police force's 'Disclosure Manager'.

Using a solicitor

If you want to find out more about taking an issue to court, you should contact a solicitor for legal advice.

You can also use a solicitor to write to Disclosure Scotland. Find out more about using a solicitor.

Back to top