Connecting with You is a free service run by the British Red Cross. It’s available to all people aged 18 or over in Scotland who are experiencing issues associated with loneliness.
We know being on the highest risk list may mean you’ve experienced loneliness or difficulty keeping up your connections. Many of you have told us about how isolating you found shielding. We also know that you may now be finding it hard to get back to doing the things you did before, and meeting the people you met before. Connecting with You aims to help you rebuild your independence.
How to use the service
To arrange a phone conversation about what kind of support would be most helpful to you, contact the British Red Cross:
- by phone on 0300 30 36 077 (Monday - Friday, 10am - 4pm. Calls are free)
- or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Types of support
Support will depend on your needs and what is available in your area. It could include things like:
- weekly phone calls to check in with you
- online support
- in-person meetings, if you’re comfortable with these
- support getting into new or old hobbies and interests
- help meeting new people, or getting back in touch with people you already know
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback