The Building Scotland Fund is a £150 million fund which helps:
- the development of new affordable and private sector housing
- the development of modern industrial and commercial property
- support industry-led research and development
Funding will be given out as loans which will need to be paid back, or as equity finance.
The funding is likely to be for projects that need over £1 million, and the specific amount of funding available will vary depending on the project.
Funding will not cover the entire cost of a project, and applicants still need to find some of the money themselves.
Research and development projects
Funding is only available up to March 2021 so is best used to help projects that are at a later stage of development. This means funding is unlikely to be available if your project is at a concept stage.
Who can apply
The fund is open to non-public sector organisations, such as:
- housing associations
How to apply
When you apply, you'll be asked to send a business plan. Your business plan should show:
- why the project needs public sector funding
- why the project cannot be funded in another way, for example through your own resources, a bank loan
Housing, industrial or commercial projects will also need to show their planning consent documents – if they have them.
For more information on applying to the Building Scotland Fund contact the Scottish Government's Central Enquiries Unit on 0300 244 4000 or email email@example.com.