You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Registering your business

You will need to register with a number of different organisations, depending on the type of business you're setting up.

  1. Contact Companies House

    You must register with Companies House if you are a UK limited company or an overseas company with a base in the UK.

  2. Register a care service

    You must register with the Care Inspectorate if you want to run a care service or become a childminder.

  3. Register as an overseas company

    You must register an overseas company with Companies House if you want to set up a place of business in the UK.

Back to top