An accelerator programme designed to identify and fund one cutting-edge venture, either profit-making or non-profit, from anywhere in the world, that is dedicated to helping reduce risks to people, their health and their property.
The winner will receive the following support package:
- A grant of €50,000 to help scale the initiative.
- Access to AXA Executives: Receive pro-bono expert advice throughout the programme’s duration.
- In-depth support from an AXA Global Graduate: Working alongside a high-potential AXA employee over a period of three months to develop the scaling plan for the initiative.
- Custom Accelerator Program: A one-week workshop in a European city, commencing on 17 July 2017, dedicated to helping take the initiative to the next level.
This programme is provided by global insurer AXA and the Impact Hub – a charitable company which operates a global social innovation network.
The Prevention with Impact Accelerator aims to empower people to adopt lifestyles that reduce risks to their person and property through health and safety measures.
Applicants are required to demonstrate interventions in the following health and safety categories:
- Healthy Living and Fitness
- Addiction Prevention and Management
- Digital Healthcare
- Mental Health and Wellness
- Chronic Disease Treatment
- Fire Safety
- Road and Automotive Safety
- Security and Theft Prevention
- Workplace Safety
- Safety at Home
- Cyber Security
The scheme will award one venture with a bespoke acceleration programme, professional consultancy from AXA’s employee network and grant funding in order to scale-up the operation.
Although there are no specific exclusions cited within the programme guidelines, those wishing to apply are advised to liaise with the funding provider in the first instance to discuss eligibility.
The programme is open to applications from legally-registered for-profit or non-profit enterprises, from anywhere in the world.
The applicant’s intervention must demonstrate impact or have a clear and viable projected impact case and it should be globally-scalable. The funder’s preference is for solutions that can be digitally distributed.
Impact Hub membership is not required.
Match funding is not a stipulated requirement of this programme.
Costs associated with eligible health and safety improvement projects.
Currently closed. The deadline for receipt of applications was 24 March 2017. Details and deadline information for any future rounds will be reported when available.
The first round of 10-15 shortlisted applicants will be invited to submit a short video pitch. A panel will select between three and five finalists.
AXA employees will vote for their preferred venture during the week commencing Monday 5 June 2017 and the winning venture will be announced during the week commencing Monday 12 June 2017.