North Ayrshire Council will support businesses that are taking on a 16 - 29 year old workers through a recruitment incentive.
The following is on offer:
- 50% wage subsidy for 12 months. This is based on the minimum wage regarding age.
- Payments are made in arrears and are claimed every three months.
NAC claim form, payslips, company bank statements and confirmation of MA progression are all required in order to claim the incentive.
16-29 Employer Recruitment Incentive is provided by North Ayrshire Council. The purpose of this scheme is to help to improve the job prospects of young people facing the greatest barriers to employment.
The young recruit in question must not be on the Work Programme.
Applications are welcome from a private business which may be of any size. They should be wishing to recruit a young person between the ages of 16 and 29 who fit into one or more of the eligible groups. This young person should meet the following criteria:
- They should be a North Ayrshire resident who is between the ages of 16 and 29.
- They should be unemployed and should not be on the Work Programme.
- The funding will cover between 25 and 40 hours per week and any extra hours should be funded by the employer.
50% wage subsidy is available for a 12 month period.
This subsidy is made available for the purpose of subsidising the wage of an apprentice.