To leave the page quickly, press the escape key.


You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Visas when you separate or divorce

You must tell the Home Office if you separate or divorce from your partner and you:

  • are dependent on your partner's UK visa
  • have a 'family of a settled person' visa as a spouse or partner
  • only have permission to stay in the UK for a limited time because you're the partner of a British citizen, a 'settled person' or someone who has refugee status or humanitarian protection

Find out how to contact the Home Office and what happens next on GOV.UK.

Back to top