You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Apply to settle in the UK if your partner dies

If your partner dies, you can apply to settle in the UK if:

  • your partner was a 'settled person', meaning they had 'indefinite leave to remain' and you were their dependant
  • your partner was a British citizen and you have a UK visa because you married them

Check if you qualify to settle in the UK on GOV.UK.

Back to top