You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Seafarer medical certificates

You must have a medical certificate to work at sea.

Find information about medical certificates at sea on GOV.UK including:

  • ENG 1 certificates
  • ML5 certificates
  • medical examination fees
  • how to apply
  • expired certificates
Back to top