You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Report a pothole

Potholes and damaged roads can be dangerous for motorists and cyclists.

Local roads

Contact your local council to report potholes on local roads.

Major roads

Contact Traffic Scotland if the pothole is on a trunk road, like a motorway or an A road.

Traffic Scotland
0800 028 1414 (24-hour service)
Find out about call charges

For non-emergencies relating to the major roads, you can also email Traffic Scotland Customer Care Line at

Back to top