Marketing your business
Creating a marketing plan
Before you plan
Running market and customer research can be helpful before you create a marketing plan.
This Business Gateway guide gives information on:
- market and customer research
- types of data available
- how to interpret market information
Marketing on a budget
This guide from Business Gateway is about marketing on a budget.
It explains how to:
- review and evaluate the amount of money you spend on marketing
- keep your regular customers
- attract new customers
Highlands and Islands Enterprise (HIE) offers digital strategy workshops
It explains how to use websites and social media to:
- get market intelligence
- engage with your customers
- get business insight to inform your digital strategy
Design for businesses
Business Gateway has guidance on design for your business.
It has general information about design including:
- design principles
- brand design
- working with designers
- designing for products and markets
- protecting your design
It also has information on designing your service or product for customers.
- identifying your users
- observing and analysing users
- the business case for inclusive design
- the importance of ergonomics
Advertising your business
Business Gateway offers a guide on the basics of advertising your business.
It includes information on:
- where and how to advertise
- what advertising can do for your business
- how to manage the advertising process
- how to get value for money
Branding your business
Business Gateway has a guide on the basics of branding.
It has information on:
- how branding works
- how you can use it to help improve your business
- how to create a brand and budget for it
- the different techniques of brand management
This Business Gateway guide looks at sales channels for your products.
- the different options you have
- their strengths and weaknesses
- how you can use them to your advantage
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback