If you're planning to export it's important to research the markets you want to trade in.
When you're doing research make sure you're accessing the most up-to-date publications and data. Look for:
- country reports produced by governments and banks, like the exporting country guides for every trading country on the GOV.UK website
- commissioned research reports
- articles in the business press
Help finding information
You can get help with country-specific research from the Overseas Market Introduction Service (OMIS)
You can also ask Highlands and Islands Enterprise for overseas market support if your business is based in that region.
Scottish Enterprise's market research team can help you find out about:
- market trends
- customer behaviours and demographics
- your competitors
- credit rating checks
- industry trends and forecasts
- supplier databases
They can create a report based on your business needs within 5 days.