In order to be eligible to apply for a disabled parking place to be created near your home, you firstly need to be a Blue Badge holder.
The applicant must satisfy all of the following criteria:
- Have a valid disabled person's badge (Blue Badge)
- Have a permanent medical condition which affects mobility
- Either be the driver of a private vehicle or be assisted by a carer who is the driver of a private vehicle, provided that the carer lives at the address stated
- The vehicle must be kept at the address stated in the application form
- There is normally difficulty in obtaining a parking space on the public road
- It is not possible to construct a driveway or other hardstanding area adjacent to the property
The bay is not allocated to a specific person and may be used by anyone who has a Blue Badge.
Apply for a disabled parking space.
Contact your local council, who will conduct an assessment which may incur a cost.