Compensation if you're a victim of crime abroad

Last updated: 16 February 2018

If you're a UK resident and you've been injured because of a violent crime in another country – depending on where the crime happened – you may be able to claim compensation.

Visit GOV.UK to find out if you can claim compensation if you're a victim of crime abroad.

Support if you're affected by crime

Victim Support Scotland can give you practical and emotional support when you get home.

It may also be able to put you in contact with overseas support organisations.

Victim Support Scotland
Telephone: 0345 603 9213
Find out about call charges