You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Support if a child or baby dies

When a child or baby dies there's support available to help you to cope with how you're feeling and things you might need to do.

You may find it helpful to talk to someone about your feelings. This could be:

  • a close friend or relative
  • your family doctor
  • your midwife or health visitor if your baby has died

Support organisations

There are also specialist organisations and charities who can help. If you would prefer not to speak to someone, there's information online.

Support for children and young people

If you have other children, you can get advice to help them get the support they need or to answer any questions they have about the death of their brother or sister.

Back to top