You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Living abroad

Includes child maintenance and UK government services abroad.

  1. Child maintenance if one parent lives outside Scotland

    What to do if you need to get child maintenance and one of you lives outside Scotland.

  2. Crime abroad: support

    Find out what support is available if you're affected by crime in another country.

  3. Help if you're arrested abroad

    Visit GOV.UK to find out what the Foreign and Commonwealth Office can do to help British nationals who are arrested abroad.

  4. If someone dies outside Scotland

    The steps you must take when someone dies outside Scotland or abroad – register a death, post-mortems, funerals and support.

Back to top