All newborn babies in Scotland will be given a box of essential items, containing things like:
- clothes, from newborn up to 6 months
- a digital under arm thermometer
- bath and room thermometer
- a bath towel
- a changing mat
The box also has a mattress, mattress protector and 2 fitted sheets.
How you get your Baby Box
The Baby Box is free and your midwife will help you register for it.
This will happen during your 18 to 20 or 28 week antenatal appointment.
Your midwife will:
- explain the Baby Box to you and ask if you would like one
- fill in a Baby Box registration card with you
- tell you about delivery
You do not need to do anything else. You'll get the Baby Box between weeks 32 to 36 of pregnancy.
If you need further help
For more information on the Baby Box visit the Parent Club website.
We work with the APS Group to provide the Baby Box. If you have any queries about the Baby Box you should contact APS.
Phone: 0800 030 8003
Let us know what you think about the Baby Box
Let us know what you think by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can give feedback on:
- if we did something well
- if we need to improve something
- the contents of the box
- the registration process
- why you chose not to receive a box
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback