As part of applying for Young Carer Grant, you'll need to confirm that you live in Scotland.
Confirming where you live
To help us confirm that you live in Scotland, send us a copy of one of these:
- a bank or building society statement dated within the last 6 months
- a letter from a social worker
- a GP registration letter
- a UK electoral voting card
- a letter from the Department for Work and Pensions, dated within the last 6 months (such as a benefit award letter)
- financial support award letter from Student Award Agency Scotland (SAAS), from the current academic year
- financial support award letter from Education Maintenance Award (EMA), from the current academic year
- a letter from a Scottish local authority, dated within the last 6 months (such as a housing benefit letter)
- a letter from a professional body, dated within the last 6 months and on headed paper (such as a doctor, dentist, optician, school, college, or charity)
If you're not able to get any of these documents, please call us free on 0800 182 2222. Our call centre opening times are Monday to Friday 9am to 3pm.
How to send us your documents
Uploading your documents to us online is the fastest way to get them to us. Find out how to do this.
You can also send us any photocopies of documents in the post. It can take us up to two weeks to return any original documents you send. You can make photocopies at your local library.
Please write the following information on your photocopied documents:
- your full name and date of birth
- your National Insurance number, if you know it
- the words 'Young Carer Grant', so we know what you're applying for
We'll send you a letter once we've got your form. This will include a pre-paid envelope for you to send us a photocopy of your documents. If you lose the envelope you can still send the documents to:
Social Security Scotland
PO Box 10314