Transport help for older or disabled people
Last updated: 4 September 2019

Roads and pavements

Local councils are responsible for the maintenance of most roads and pavements in your area. If you've a problem or question regarding a specific road or pavement – contact your local council in the first instance.

They'll be able to tell you what they can do and who manages the road if they do not.