You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Cars and taxis

Visit GOV.UK to find out what you need to do if you're driving and have a medical condition or disability.

Help with parking

The Blue Badge scheme provides parking concessions for disabled people travelling either as drivers or passengers.

This means you can park closer to where you need to go. You'll be exempt from certain parking restrictions, like being allowed to park:

  • free at on-street parking meters and in Pay and Display bays
  • up to 3 hours on single and double yellow lines

Help to buy a car

The Motability Scheme can help you with leasing or buying a car, powered wheelchair or scooter – to be used by you or someone caring for you.

You can get this if you're on the higher rate mobility component of Disability Living Allowance or War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement.


Taxi Card schemes offer reduced fare taxi and train travel to those who cannot use buses because of severe physical disability or infirmity.

Contact your local council to see if there's a Taxi Card scheme in your area and if you're eligible.

Aberdeen City CouncilAberdeenshire CouncilAngus CouncilArgyll and Bute CouncilClackmannanshire CouncilComhairle nan Eilean Siar (Western Isles Council)Dumfries and Galloway CouncilDundee City CouncilEast Ayrshire CouncilEast Dunbartonshire CouncilEast Lothian CouncilEast Renfrewshire CouncilEdinburgh CouncilFalkirk CouncilFife CouncilGlasgow City CouncilThe Highland CouncilInverclyde CouncilMidlothian CouncilMoray CouncilNorth Ayrshire CouncilNorth Lanarkshire CouncilOrkney Islands CouncilPerth & Kinross CouncilRenfrewshire CouncilScottish Borders CouncilSouth Ayrshire CouncilSouth Lanarkshire CouncilShetland CouncilStirling CouncilWest Dunbartonshire CouncilWest Lothian Council
Back to top