How will the disclosure system change?
- it will be mandatory for those carrying out regulated roles with children and protected adults to be a member of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme
- the lifetime PVG scheme membership will end and be replaced with a five year membership period
- the Act will reduce the number of disclosure levels
- Disclosure Scotland will have new powers to impose conditions on individuals while they are being considered for listing
- applicants will be able to request a review of certain disclosure content from an independent reviewer
- those with childhood convictions eligible for review will be able to explain the context of their previous behaviour before any disclosure to a third party is made
- the Act provides new referral powers for Scotland's councils and integration joint boards
These are some of the main changes that will be implemented. You can read the full Act and explanatory notes on legislation.gov.uk.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback