Tax on property, money and shares you inherit

Last updated: 4 June 2018

If you inherit property, money or shares you may have to pay certain types of tax.

Visit GOV.UK for information on:

  • Income Tax
  • Capital Gains Tax
  • Inheritance Tax

For information on Land and Buildings Transaction Tax on inherited properties, visit the Revenue Scotland website.